Updated Tuesday January 6, 2015 by LCYBA Treasurer.
Information regarding the LCYBA player scholarship program
LCYBA firmly believes that each child who wishes to play baseball should be entitled to do so regardless of skill, gender, or financial circumstances. Our league will not deny any child a chance to play baseball due to a financial hardship.
LCYBA Scholarship Program
To aid parents who may need assistance with registration fees, LCYBA has a comprehensive scholarship program that covers the following areas:
- Full scholarships that cover all registration fees
- Partial scholarships that cover a portion of the registration fees
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Those seeking a scholarship must explain the nature of the hardship and/or provide documentation supporting the request.
Specifically, to be eligible for a scholarship, the following information must be provided to LCYBA (email@example.com) :
- A detailed explanation of the financial hardship with supporting documentation such as an approved Free or Reduced Lunch Application approved by your child's school. For more information see the LCPS Food Services web site.
- LCYBA Scholarship form containing all of the player's information (medical, address, etc)
What Every Parent and/or Guardian Should Know About the Scholarship Process
Before submitting the scholarship request form to LCYBA (firstname.lastname@example.org) , parents and/or guardians should understand the following:
- The scholarship eligibility requirements
- The scholarship review period turnaround time (up to 7 days)
- Forms need to be completely filled out (detailed instructions are included with the form)
- Contact the LCYBA Treasurer with questions
How to Apply for a Scholarship
The scholarship request process is very straightforward. To ensure proper due diligence, every scholarship request is examined and assessed on its own merit.
- Once the scholarship form has been submitted, the LCYBA board will review the request
- The Scholarship Review Period can take up to 7 days to complete
- Within 5 Days: LCYBA will respond indicating the scholarship has been received, ask questions, and/or ask for additional documentation
- Within 7 Days: LCYBA will respond via e-mail with a decision on the scholarship request
Terms and Conditions
If the scholarship request is approved, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- The scholarship covers the registration fees only for one season in all or in part.
- Parent or legal guardian agrees to "re-pay" the League through volunteering for Fund raising, League functions and activities (for ex, helping with Opening Day, working the snack bar, helping with teams, etc) if so requested.
- A online registration must be completed for the player - providing essential details including address, contact information and medical authorization
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I send the application?
Please email your signed application to email@example.com
How much should I apply for?
Please enter "how much can I afford" on the form. The Board will take all information into consideration when making its decision.